April is Alcohol Awareness Month sponsored by the NCADD – This year’s theme is “Changing Attitudes: It’s not a ‘rite of passage.” This campaign was started to make communities aware of the risks of alcohol and alcohol-related issues. Prevention and education is key to help combat alcoholism before it begins.
National Prevention Week (May 13-19) – National Prevention Week is an annual health observance dedicated to increasing public awareness of, and action around, substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Monday, May 14: Promotion of Mental Health & Wellness
- Tuesday, May 15: Prevention of Underage Drinking & Alcohol Misuse
- Wednesday, May 16: Prevention of Prescription & Opioid Drug Misuse
- Thursday, May 17: Prevention of Illicit Drug Use & Youth Marijuana
- Friday, May 18: Prevention of Suicide
- Saturday, May 19: Prevention of Youth Tobacco Use